This is about my experiences - educational, social, and professional - as a student at PennGSE...

Spelman Alum Sponsored College Tour

Spelman Alum Sponsored College Tour
All the Beautiful Young Women!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Another Semester...?

I'm back at GSE for (hopefully) my last semester, and I am off to a running start! I only have one class this semester. It's called Language and Diversity in Education, taught by the renown Nancy Hornberger. So far everything we a learning is very intriguing; this past class we had a discussion on how implicit metaphors used in the media and in daily life sometimes oppress different groups of people. Bet you never eventhought about that!
Even though it's only one class, and it's interesting, it's A LOT of work. Which in and of itself would be fine, but I am also trying to complete my portfolio at the same time. For those of you who don't know, the portfolio is for the RWL program, and it is basically a compilation of what you've done in this program and your reflection on your time here. Sounds easy, but it's a bit more complicated than it sounds. I'm just going to really throw myself into it, though. Luckily, I have a great support network of friends/my cohort, and understanding faculty members that help me laugh my way through this busy time!
On that note, let me try to work on portfolio a little more before the night is over. Peace!

No comments: