This is about my experiences - educational, social, and professional - as a student at PennGSE...

Spelman Alum Sponsored College Tour

Spelman Alum Sponsored College Tour
All the Beautiful Young Women!

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Multitasking...Learn It Or Else

The key to success in grad school, maybe in life, is to multitask. While you're in a restaurant waiting for your food...READ, BRAINSTORM about that paper you need to write, WRITE that paper you need to write... I work (more than part-time, less than full-time), I have a class (this class has an assignment due every week), I travel for GSE, and I write portfolio. If i didn't steal time while at work or in class to "think" about other things I need to do, they would not get done. When I travel for GSE, its not a vacation or freetime, when I'm not recruiting I stay in my hotel room to work on my portfolio and class assignments. That is actually the best time and place to get work done. I usually don't know anyone else when I travel and I definitely don't know how to get around in the cities I go to, so there are no distractions, I have to other choice but to work. My cyberfriends, if you are thinking about going to grad school and actually being active and not a bookwork, you should really learn how to multitask. Balancing and juggling acts are the only things that will get you through grad school successfully

No comments: