This is about my experiences - educational, social, and professional - as a student at PennGSE...

Spelman Alum Sponsored College Tour

Spelman Alum Sponsored College Tour
All the Beautiful Young Women!

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Close to the end!


November 19th! That's the day I am done with the RWL program...it was a love/hate relationship. Right now, we're more on the hate side of things. The closer I get to the end, the further I distance myself from love and the closer I snuggle up with hate.

Much of this semester has been devoted to compiling my program portfolio. Although I am taking one class, it has taken a backseat to portfolio. I have been doing portfolio work right along, but the closer it gets to November 8th (the actual day I have to hand it in) all the things I've failed to do seem so tedious. Everything is getting in the way of me completing this project...I lost my jumpdrive, the battery on my computer died, i think my computer has a virus, i fall asleep when I plan on working, etc. I think I just need to take one day where I cut myself off from the rest of society and spend the entire time with Portfolio (yes, it has now become a proper noun).

Most people stress about the 25 minute "exit" interview where you have to present you portfolio and answer questions...I see that as the easiest part! If I had my way, students would be able to choose between the written portfolio or an exit interview. For the last year of my life I have been eating, sleeping, breathing, and living reading/writing/literacy, I talk people to death with my conversations about literacy. I don't know everything, but I'm smart enough to know that learning comes from inquiry and not knowing. I know this is just a dream, but its dreams that have gotten me and Portfolio this far in my relationship!

No comments: